Thursday 17 June 2010

New.

Here is some work from my last project.
My final piece consisted of an installation of 6 plates, photographs and a slide enlarger.
My project was based upon the title of materiality and so we needed to either emphasize the materials or deeply consider how relevant our materials could be to our concept and practice.
I've wanted to work using my Grandparents as an inspiration, not so much in the sentimental sense rather for my interest in the way they've chosen to live their lives, embodied through the objects they have collated and the disintegration of such objects.
The found object that i chose bore relevance to the personal objects i was referencing and the way in which beautiful items when 'spoilt' become useless, when really perhaps, wear and tear, and objects being given a history of their own is incredibly beautiful in itself.
The photographs on the plates were of further 'spoiled' objects within my grandparents house, out of which i then laser cut magnified detailing of such spoils.
The piece worked well with the overall theme of our 'Lost Property' exhibition and the shop aesthetic and it seemed to come across well to my audience as feedback was positive.
But speaking on a personal level it was the happiest i have been with a piece for over a year, and i can safely say i will be taking these ideas further into my third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment